Friday, December 31, 2010

Will electric vehicles be better for the environment.

Lately I've been wondering, just in the back of my mind, if electric vehicles will really be better for the environment. Here's my (albeit synical) rationale. They say that crude oil (petroleum) will run out before coal. Apparently we have hundreds of years of coal reserves in this country, but very little oil. So will electric vehicles allow us to run on a carbon emitting fuel longer? I hope not - but I still want a Nissal Leaf.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to not be dependent on foreign oil and would so grab up an electric car; however, the fuel most places burn to produce electricity is still oil. The choice right now is burn to burn oil at the supply end, or user end. One is an obvious burning of oil, the second burns it unseen. It's kill a cow to eat it, or have someone do it for you.

    ReplyDelete